Haunted HuntingburgJoin us if you dare!
Haunted Huntingburg is Saturday, October 7th and located throughout downtown Huntingburg, Indiana including Historic 4th Street Shopping District, Huntingburg Public Library, and the Huntingburg Teen Outback.
Below is an outline of scheduled events.
Saturday, October 7, 2017 –
(All times listed in Eastern Time Zone)
Throughout The Day
Art on 4th Street
Enjoy artwork for local Huntingburg Elementary students that will be lining the vacant storefronts of 4th Street.
Fall Shopping and Treats
4th Street Huntingburg shops will be having sidewalk sales, fall deals, and some fun treats/refreshments. Many stores will be having extended hours for this day!
Downtown restaurants will have specials with a “haunted” twist. Stop in and try them out.
9:00 am to 1:10 pm Zombie Escape Room
- Escape zombies at the Huntingburg Public Library! This will be a thrilling, but not too scary escape room geared toward families and children. Advanced reservations are encouraged by calling the library at (812) 683-2052. Each group of participants will receive 15 minutes to escape the room full of hidden clues and riddles.
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm Trick-R-Treating on 4th Street
- Dress up the kiddos and head to the shops on 4th Street for treats and candy. Presented by the Huntingburg Merchants Association.
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm Scary Cake Decorating Contest / Samples
- Youth, Junior, and Adult Divisions with two winners in each division. Sign up in advance – click here to enter.
- 12 p.m., Winner will be announced.
- From 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., purchase cake samples! Fill a cake box for only $3. Located at Current Blend on 4th Street.
- Presented by Huntingburg Chamber of Commerce
12:00 pm to 6:00 pm Pumpkin Painting and Crafts
- Check out The Art Factory on 4th Street in Huntingburg for a fun paint project. They will be painting pumpkins or wooden die cuts. This is open for walk-ins and no reservations are needed.
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm Sips, Samples, and Music
- SALT CREEK BREWERY, special one-evening satellite location inside New Beginnings on 4th Street, featuring samples, pours, & carryout.
- MONKEY HOLLOW WINERY, special one-evening satellite location inside The Art Factory on 4th Street, featuring samples, pours, & carryout.
- JONAS COWAN will be on 4th Street performing acoustic blues music.
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm Back the Blue
- The Old School Cafe wants to show appreciation to the men and women and blue, our local law enforcement. Everyone is invited to enjoy an all-you-can-eat burger and brat buffet, including a drink and sides for $8.99. Law enforcement is free. There will also be live music on the back patio.
6:30 pm Wooden Block Seasonal Craft
- The Art Factory will be presenting an art activity for adults. Paint wooden blocks that are pumpkins on one side and a snowman on the other and enjoy two seasons. Reservations are recommended for this craft activity by calling (812) 684-9050.
8:00 pm “HOCUS POCUS” at Memorial Gym
- With the pending forecasted rain, the movie has been moved to Memorial Gym. Enjoy this special showing of Disney’s family-favorite Halloween classic, “Hocus Pocus.”
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Teen Outback Family Costume Party & Hayride
- This is a FREE event for the entire family, featuring games, crafts, and costume judging (8 p.m.).
- Categories for costume judging: scariest, funniest, prettiest, & most original
- Hayride through the Park (tickets $1)
- At the Teen Outback, enjoy music, computers, iPads, Xbox, Wii dance, carpet ball, pool tables, Skeeball, Pile Up, air hockey, and concession food and drinks.
- This event is sponsored by the Huntingburg Youth Board.